From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 1995 11:17:11 -0400
Melissa, Potpie, Noodle, Friday here:

My vacation to NM went well - Noodle stayed with Terence and Sloan,
Friday stayed at the vet's, and Potpie stayed with my SO, whom she
alternately charmed and infuriated. And i thought i'd managed to
successfully warn him. Teehee.

Now, however, we're MOVING. Noodle and Friday (who are at my house) think
it's the coolest darned thing in the world. Boxes! Newspaper! Bags! Open
dressers! MORE boxes! Potpie, still at my SO's, is pretty much the same.

re: nail clipping - Potpie, after 2.5 yrs of wrestling and learning, now
goes utterly still and limp while i clip her nails. AND, she knows when
i'm done - she will come right back to life and dash away after that last
paw. You can see the look of, 'she's going to do this anyway, i might as
well sit still and get it over with' in her eyes. Noodle and Friday
havent quite learned the same tricks, although Noodle is close.

re: litter box. Ive had the first litter box problem ever with Noodle and
Friday, who seem to think anywhere on their cage floor is appropriate. I
got a big big big litter box which takes up half of the floor, and voila
- no more problems. I think Friday objects to a dirty box, and the
missing the box problem is worst when i can only clean their box once a
day, so now EVERYONE's happy.

re: baby gates. Can anyone tell me about non-destructive and opaque
ferret-proof baby gates? I need to buy two; i was thinking of installing
them and bolting opaque plexiglass to either side. It needs to be
successfully ferret-proof, of course.

Thanks!

Melissa and gang

    Melissa Litwicki                                    [log in to unmask]
    Radio Controlled Operation In Vivid Six Ways Of Movement With Reality!