From:
Patty Asheuer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2005 06:47:45 -0500
As someone who has been around in the ferret community a long time, 8-1
is a very supportive company to the ferrets and ferret organizations.
They have supported shows by sponsoring classes and have donated over
and over again to raffles at the shows, and raffles for different show
organizations.  Over the years they have improved upon the quality of
their line.  15 years ago, it was really common to give raisins, small
pieces of fruit, etc to ferrets.  Over the years we have learned more
and more about ferrets and their nutrition system.  Ferret diets are
not going to change over night.  And the food and treats out there are
changing.  And 8-1 is one of the companies that does do the research.
And I believe several people, who have contacted 8-1 and posted on this
list, have received apologies and new product from them to make up for
the inconvenience.  That sounds like a company that listens and responds
to the consumer.

Did anyone out there know that the Ferret Dingo treats, beef and chicken
jerky treats, and labeled for ferrets in a yellow bag for the chicken
type, is made by 8-1?  Didn't think so.  A more healthier treat for
ferrets, from 8-1.  8-1.

The last time I bought something that was expired, I think it was cheese,
I learned to check expiration dates.  It starts there, with the consumer,
to check what you buy.  Then tell the store they have expired product
out.  They are the ones responsible for the placing these products on
the shelves.  Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Patty