From:
Marci Masse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 1998 19:23:15 -0800
I posted this to an AOL newsgroup, a Usenet newsgroup, amd both Ferret
Mailing List's but I am posting it here also because I need any and all info
I can get my eyes & hands on.  Your help is apperciated.

Does anyone have info about Liver Diease in Ferrets?

My little guy Odie is very ill, he either has an infection or it is Liver
Diease.

He is very yellow, noise, skin, and fur, his poop is liquid green.  His temp
is down to 96, Gluclose 59, and weight 1.1 lbs.  In mid-December he was a
very happy, healthy, 2.4 lbs.  ferret.  Then I brought home Meredith &
Baxter and from then on it was down hill for Odie.  I thought he was getting
better, he was eating more, poop's were back to normal.  Two (2) days ago he
stopped eating, would not drink his beloved grape Pedalyte, poop's turned
icky, again, and this morning he was having a very hard time getting around
his front paws didn't want to get were his back paws were going.  He gave up
and just layed on top of his favorite blanket.

Odie was rushed to the Doc., she had a very hard time getting a blood
sample, it was so small a sample that she has to Airborne Express it to CA,
she said it's too small for Tuft's to test.  We should know the results by
Friday.  For now Odie is resting comfortably (I think), in a large pet
carrier with a warm water bottle, and I'm trying to hand feed him
ScienceDiet c/d, Doc.  got him to eat this from her hand.

If anyone has any info about Liver Disease please send it my way.
==
The Ferret Brigade
http://members.tripod.com/~Ferret_Luv