From:
Amy Krueger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Mar 2001 23:17:39 EST
Hi Everyone,
Has anyone ever lost 2 ferrets in one day?  It is awful.  My Teddy passed
around 8:30am today, and then Cosmo passed around 10:00pm tonight.  Teddy
was sick first, he had ECE and ulcers.  I had them seperated as soon as
Teddy started with diarreah.  The vet said to keep them seperated so Teddy
can rest without Cosmo jumping all over him.  After a few days of meds.
Teddy's diarreah was getting better and he seemed a little more active, so
I put them back together.  I think that was the worse mistake I've ever
made.  Within 2 or 3 days little Cosmo ( she only weighed 1 1/2 lbs.)
started with the diarreah and extreme weight loss.  And then Teddy got
worse.

I can't help but blame myself for Cosmo's passing, she might have never
gotten sick if I didn't put them back together.  But I know that where
they are now, they are not sick and they are playing together.

Sadly,
Amy