From:
Michael and Kelly Berger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 1995 03:24:36 -0400
Howdy!
CUTE STORY:
My husband is a director for a local museum. (Anyone who has occasion to
drive on US 31 between Peru and Kokomo, IN, and sees the plane tails in the
air?  That's it!)  He exhibited at a local business expo this weekend.  I was
at home, and he called complaining that he was bored.  So I went up to
"spell" him from the booth, and took Moses with me.

To say he was an instant hit is an understatement.  Michael was thrilled to
see him, although if I had told him of my plan, he would've vetoed it
instantly.  Michael immediately started to show him off, even getting him in
front of the TV camera, very briefly.  The woman with the microphone commented
that although this was a family event, she didn't know that included
ferrets! <G>  Moses was happy to educate her.

Surprisingly, he was a gentleman, mostly.  He fell asleep in a box of
pamphlets, and practically asked to find a litter box, not relieving himself
until I put down some paper for him.  He was great with all of the kids, who
loved him.  One advantage of a small town is that everyone (almost) knows
what a ferret is, and you don't hear the "is that a rat?" question very
often.

INCIDENT:
Unfortunately, he did take an exploratory nip at a woman's toe while I was
writing a check.  Didn't break the skin (hard to do thru shoe leather), but
she sure jumped.  I felt (feel) awful.  Moses is not used to being out and
about the way Davey is, I forgot.  damdamdam.  I cheked back with her twice,
and she said she was fine, and not to worry.  But now she has a bad memory
connected with ferrets.  That'll teach me to be more vigilant in the future.
Or to not take Moses out.

Anyway, we had fun, met some other people who love fuzzies, and Moses got on
TV!!!  (please, don't yell at me.  lesson learned.  thanks.)

QUESTION:
Davey goes to the *top* shelf to crap, and no longer uses the litter box on
the cage bottom (we have three level in all).  WHY?  I am going to move the
food dish there, in hopes of curbing the behavior, but he may just move to
another, equally inappropriate palce.  Any thoughts are appreciated.

REQUEST:
I lost the ferret survey/questionaire.  If someone could forward it to me,
I'd appreciate it muchly.  Thanks!!

Kelly & Michael,
the Ferret Fuzzies and Feline Furries