From:
"Gustafson, Barb" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 15:08:21 -0700
Paula

I'm so very sorry to hear of your loss.

The first question that came into my head when I read this was....do you
have natural gas heating?  If so it could be carbon monoxide poisoning?
Carbon Monoxide is both tasteless and odorless.  It often goes unnoticed
until it is fatal.  People will often complain about dizziness/headaches in
the morning without even realizing that this poison is leaking into their
homes.  Small animals like ferrets/hamsters/birds etc would succumb to it
first.

If you are unable to determine the cause of your babies deaths please have
someone out to check your furnace.  I've also posted this to the list as it
is something everyone should be aware of if they heat with natural gas.

Barb Gustafson
Alberta Ferret Society
President