From:
"Gustafson, Barb" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Dec 1999 13:32:34 -0700
I've been following this topic with interest.  Our society.... well okay
mainly me, has talked.....okay...nagged, about having a judged ferret show
for several years now, the biggest problem we face, as I see it, is that in
Canada, to my knowledge, there are no sanctioned judges.  I may be wrong
here but I don't think there's ever been a sanctioned ferret show anywhere
in Canada.

I e-mailed the AFA about hosting a show and they did send a package (which
was very helpful) that guided you through the steps of putting together a
show, but when I e-mailed for additional information on the judging aspect
I never received a reply and I didn't pursue it.  ,,,,,, I have a couple of
questions that you might be able to answer.  First of all, short of
*flying* in judges, what other options do we have.  Secondly what is the
approximate cost of putting on this type of show.  We've done several fun
shows now so have a general idea of the type of funding required for that,
however its hard to guess what kind of sponsorship dollars we would have to
raise to host a championship/specialty show.  What is the average admission
charged per ring?  How many rings should you have?  Gee I could go on
forever but I guess I'll stop...for now!

Thank you in advance for any light you can shed.

Barb Gustafson
Alberta Ferret Society
President