From:
Christopher Bennett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 23:12:11 -0500
some anon person wrote
>FML thinking people will read it there.  I am scared for these poor ferrets
>who did nothing wrong and now might die.  Also I think Sam should be more
>worried about the Alutians that she caused here in the US and not so
>concerned with her wedding plans, like she thinks its not important.

Thank god some people can hide behind anonymity, I would rather not know
who was responsible for such an unfeeling post.  The ferts were certified
and it took a great deal of guts, and extreme level of integrity to post
what happened to this list.  Sam only had to notify the people who recieved
the ferrets, well technically she only had to deal with the people who's
ferrets tested positive.  She and they, did us all a service by agreeing
to post these events to the list.

Of course you would rather see her standing there wringing her hands and
saying "Oh my God, I sent ADV to the USA (which already has it ..  it's
not like she infected us) let me call off my wedding."  Not quite sure why
she shouldn't enjoy a spectacular wedding, or what calling it off would
actually do to cure ADV.  As for, "I'd like to know how long Sam knew
before she told anyone" If you didn't get the ferrets, what business is it
of yours.  Sounds to me like they notified her, and then she got the word
out as quickly as possible.

If you wanted to send the message loud and clear, "when something is
wrong you better cover it up, don't you dare do the right thing" well you
succeeded!  I'm sure a less reputable person will take that message to
heart and perhaps the next time something like this happens there will be
cover up attempts and real juicy politics.  Seems to me some of us are so
hung up on the fact that we are in this for the ferrets, they forget that
it's ok to be nice to the people too!

Sam I salute you for coming forward with this information!!!  My heart goes
out to you and to ALL the ferrets with ADV.

My apologies to the list, this should have been handled in private, but
obviously someone's inability to stand behind their convictions made that
impossible.

Proudly Signed
Christopher & Crew
http://www.christopher.bennett.org