From:
Rick Lemker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 1995 01:04:42 -0500
Hmmm.  I think there was some miscommunication here:  (Something ... --
#1369)

>A ferret receiving 2 cc ofcolloidal silver would, using simple proportional
>arithmetic, be ingesting about 40 times the recommended oral dose in humans.
>[Moderator's note: Huh?  By my math 2.5cc in 150# human works out closer to
>.03cc, not .05cc.  BIG]

This is a silly exercise, but Mr. Davis started it, and BIG called no, so
here's how 2.5 cc : 2# adds up to me.

[Moderator's note: I corrected myself last issue, but this was likely
sent before you saw the correction (there was a delay in email out of
here early this morning)  BIG]

1 tsp = 1 1/3 fluidrams = .16666 fluid oz. = 5ml = 5 cc

A 150# person weighs 75x a 2# ferret, so the proportional dosage by weight
would be 1/75th of a tsp., or 5 cc/75 or .067 cc or 2/3rds of a tenth of a
cc.  2.5 cc is roughly 37 times .067 cc, so Howard was actually pretty dern
close at 40.  Maybe BIG is thinking of cc/# dosage, which is just over .03.
In any case, I'm fairly certain that dosage/weight ratios don't cross
species lines reliably.  1 cc of something might have profound effects on a
150# human and have no effect at all on a 2# (non-human) animal.  And vice
versa, though there aint many 2# humans outside the womb.

Sorry ... it's nitpicky ... but I just can't resist this sort of thing.  I
hope my math is better than my English.

Swampp