From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 09:40:33 -0500
If you've got a mink, the only reasonable thing to do is to contact a
professional WILDLIFE rehabilitator ASAP.  If she is injured or sick, they
can do what's necessary to save her.  If she is healthy, they will know best
how to reintroduce her to the wild.  You may want to find out if there is a
mink farm in your area that has lost one.

What on earth would possess you to even THINK of breeding a ferret to a
mink?  If such were possible, why would you do it?  To create a meaner breed
of ferret and thus deter people from wanting to own them?  Fortunately, I'm
quite sure nothing of the sort is possible.  Also, I feel sorry for the hob
you choose for this ridiculous experiment.

I recommend you be very careful with this animal, or you will find yourself
with post-exposure rabies shots and perhaps a few piercings.

I am beginning to be suspicious of your motivations for maintaining a
shelter when you hold wild animals on your property and contemplate breeding
them for your own amusement and gain.  If she was in someone's garage,
chances are that she lives nearby and wandered in by accident.  Is there a
river nearby?  God forbid she has any babies, because by now they will be
starved to death.

-Catherine