From:
Catherine Shaffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 15:42:27 -0400
>From:    GJ Jones <[log in to unmask]>
>My ferret Kai, America's best traveled ferret who recently posted about his
>trip to Florida, has really pulled one this time.  I want to see if anyone
>else's ferret has managed this one.

Oh Yeah!  I can top that one!  Settle back everyone and prepare to giggle.

All my ferrets have gone through a toilet stage.  They love the sound of the
rushing water and run to see what's going on every time it flushes.  During
that stage of life, flushing the toilet was a better way to "call" them than
whistling or squeaky toys.

Well, Mortimer had the most extreme fascination with the toilet.  He many
times tried to jump up and drink from it, hanging often by his fingernails
from the edge.  So we had to keep the lid down at all times.  Except, ahem,
when in use.

Now, a certain male member of the household was using the toilet with the
bathroom door open.  Bad idea.  Of course we all know that when men use the
toilet they sometimes stand at a great distance from the actual seat,
proving no barrier to an intrepid ferret.

Well, Mortimer dooks in and takes a flying leap and jumps INTO the toilet in
midstream.  My hu--er, the person who shall remain nameless, peed all over
the bathroom, all over mortimer, even in the litterbox which was behind the
toilet.  He then fished Mortimer out, yelled for me (I was already running
because I heard the shouts), HANDS the yucky ferret to me, THEN tells me
what happened and insists I bathe Mortimer.  I did wash Mortimer and my
hands pretty good.

I got back at him, though.  Later on I insisted he clean the litterbox,
since he was the last one to use it.  :)

-Catherine