From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Dec 1999 23:08:56 -0500
As is accordingly pointed out in the last communication from Teri ( shown
below) at AVAR I mis stated the organizations title -- it is in all
actuality Association of Veterinarians for Animal Rights.  I do apologize
publicly for my incorrect statement regarding their organization.  I do not
recognize that I attacked, but merely tried to state facts with Teri.  We
may here more in the future, but for now I believe they are an organization
which makes a living from treating peoples pets, yet discourages pet
ownership, especially ferret ownership.  I find them very interesting, to
ay the least ,and will not support their causes!

>To: Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
>From: AVAR <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: CA Ferrets face ANOTHER  threat - opposition by AVAR
>
>Alicia: Your attacks are based on very little information about what we do
>or have done for ferrets.  First of all, we are the Association of
>Veterinarians for Animal Rights.  Secondly, where do you think the ferrets
>in California come from?  You can't possibly believe they all come from
>ferret breeders in California.  They come from fur farmers in various
>states and Marshall Farms; i.e., ferret mills.  I don't understand why you
>would criticize our position against breeding, as it has contributed
>significantly to the millions of deaths of cats and dogs in shelters.  We
>are opposed to killing healthy animals which, as a shelter worker, you
>surely should know all about.  Ferrets don't deserve to die the way cats
>and dogs do in shelters as a result of overpopulation.
>
>Please, let's just agree to disagree on legalization.  As I stated to one
>of your colleagues, the legalization of ferrets in CA, in our opinion, has
>more to do with the interests of people who like ferrets than it does the
>long-term interests of these animals.  Teri

yes, definitely I disagree about legalization!  The long term interests of
our domesticated ferrets would not be very long if they were to be released
into the wild on this continent-- would they BOB???  I will believe your
views first!

alicia
in the interest of companion ferret ownership