From:
Deba Brezden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:30:19 -0600
Hello FML ;o(

We'd like to try and make a comment and a request today . . .

>From:    "Fritz, Gina M., HMR/US" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: How to read the FML
>Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Couldn't agree more!  BUT truth is some are more entitled than others.

>We've heard Carla's I would like to offer mine.

And how fortunate ya are to be able to do so, some of us just are not so
fortunate, even when the opinion we have is literally identicle to the
opinion of the "fortunate" posters who do get to share theirs.  For some of
us, the FML can be a recurring case of "rejection dejevu" as we read post
after post containing statements wherein we find ourselves asking: "Gee
now haven't I heard that somewhere before?" & "gee that's familiar" but NO
we must be seeing things here, because we know full well from our personal
experience, all these "statements" AREN'T allowed on the FML!  Yet we're
having trouble convincing our hearts that our eyes don't see the fact of
the matter right there before them in black and white.  Yup, it's true
everyone does have a right to their own opinion, BUT we musta somehow
missed obtaining that special licence ya need to express it.

Therefore, in our accepting that we do NOT have that same right exactly we'd
at the least like to make this one request in regards to this .  .  .

>From:    Edward Lipinski <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Speak Softly My Brethern and Sistern for Thy Knowest Not
>
>Deba Brezden, who , writes of intolerable ferret abuse, please be informed
>that you simply do not know what you're talking about.  Now before you go
>into a hissy fit, please let me give you just a little insight into what it
>is that we "ferret abusers" do out here in Frettchenvergnuegenland, and
>perhaps, just maybe you'll see a little clearer through your clouded
>judgement and eyes of vitriol that discovery sometimes proceeds from the
>unorthodox.

In future, Mr. Lipinski, would you please REFRAIN from both, at any time
"ADDRESSING" or "TALKING" to me personally within your posts, and kindly
ABSTAIN from "INSULTING" me personally within your posts.  As I have been
given to understand that this practice is NOT PERMITTED on the FML, and
thus am unable due this RULE to provide any answer to you in response to
either your "comments" or "insults", nor to express my disagreement with
your methods, or concern regarding them, regardless of the fact that you
are apparently NOT bound by these same "rules" as I am, or else you'd of
course never have been permitted to do as you have in this post above at
all and I'd have had no urge to answer you as a result.  I thank you for
your cooperation in advance.

The One With The Stifled Opinion
Deba Brezden

[Moderator's note: For those wishing an explanation: Deba submitted a post
(prior to the above one), which I felt was not appropriate.  Since Deba and
I didn't agree about the reasons for that rejection I told Deba I'd send a
more complete explanation later and I've been tardy in doing so.

I personally didn't feel Ed Lipinski's mention of Deba was insulting,
but not everyone always agrees with my definitions about such things,
especially, understandably, if they are the target of the comment!  BIG]