From:
Alexandra Sargent-Colburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:56:06 +0000
Dear Gordon-

I am sorry about your job. The layoffs. Your parents. Your father in
law. Repete, and the stock market.

That "Klatuu barada nikto" business has caused a bit of trouble around
here, though. I let the lads out this morning for AM Romp 'N Stomp.
They were dithering around on the carpet, not doing much. I cleared
my voice and said experimentally "klatuu barada nikto" as clearly as
I could.

The results were astonishing.

The lads stopped in their tracks as if pole axed, looked at one another
for an instant, and ran into the living room.

Ever since, they have been amassing a *collection*. There is now a
pile of odds and ends on the ferret room floor. Several forks. A
small number of safety pins. Several short lengths of plastic coated
electrical wire. A wire hangar. A brillo pad. A small box of automobile
fuses. A broken portable CD player that I haven't thought about in
months. They are pawing and pawing at what I call the "Electronics
Drawer" in the kitchen. I keep things like flashlights and batteries
and assorted gadgets in there.

Frankly, I am afraid to let them in there.

Oh dear...there goes Todd with one of my husband's teeny weeny little
screwdrivers.

Gordon....what is happening? PLEASE ADVISE!

Alexandra in MA