From:
blaraway <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 12:54:58 -0400
I'm very thankfull to all of you who replied to my question on Texas
shelters.  I would reply to all of you but there are alot of replies and so
little time.  SO THANKS EVERY ONE.

Quick note.  I adopted a ferret with an additude.  Her name is Marie.  She
is sweet but has her way of telling you it's time to play, pick me up, put
me down, ect.... She does this with a pretty good nip.  I believe she is
also part Lab.  She loves to play catch, or should I say chase.  She will
find her favorite ball drop it at your feet and you better throw it or get
nipped.  She will bring it back about 6 to 8 times.  Then she will nip you
to tell leave my ball alone I'm done playing.  She is or should I say was a
long term shelter ferret.  The nips are the reason why.  She has been in and
out of the shelter for the last two years.  She will never go back.  Well
except to be baby sat.  She has come along way in the last couple of weeks.
Maybe it's because she's getting to trust me and my wife or maybe because I
know when she wants things now, before the nip.

Unfortuneately she is starting show signs of adrenal problems.  The same
thing that took all three of my original ferrets in the last six months.  I
will give her all the love and care she needs from now till her last days.
Hopefully that will be a couple of years.  She is somewhere around four
years of age.  I now I shouldn't get to close to her for my sake, but it is
already to late.

Taz the Spaz(female) has gained so much wieght and grew so much since her
last distemper shoot my vet thought I bought a male ferret.  She even took a
look unbder the hood to make sure Taz was still a female.  Taz is a very
sweet ferret but still a spaz.  She spins like Taz and is such a kisser.  I
just hope she stops growing soon.  She may give my next male ferret a
complex.  She is only about 5 months old and wieghs in at 2.4 pounds.

Well take care all, and have a ferret filled weekend

Brad, Donna, Taz and Marie

P.S. I am not looking for any advice on Marie I just wanted to tell you all
about her.  Tasha made Marie look like a saint when I first got her from the
shelter.  She turned around with love and I'm sure Marie will be just as
loving in the very near future.  :-)