From:
"Irena Arthur (OPS|schwanke)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 09:18:20 EST
[Moderator's note: This was sent to the list - guess it was meant to be
posted as well. BIG]

Dear BIG,
Not to worry!  Although I have had my share of bad vet experiences I/we are
more greatful than words can express for the vets that we have come to trust
and even love (including those on the fml).  I, like most humans, tend to
focus more on negative experiences than the positive ones.  I guess that's
because those are the ones that have the most impact on us!  Anyway, I have
a great vet now!  He is an unselfish, compassionate man.  I turned to Dr.
Cook because he was willing to take a risk and treat a stray animal never
knowing if I would really pay him but what made me stay was the day I walked
into his office without an appointment (he has walk-in evening hours so he
could not have cheated by looking at our records or his appointment book)
and he greeted my cat by name (this was only the second time he had seen
her).  He did not recall my name but he cared enough to remember Willow and
that really touched me.  She wasn't just another cat he treated, she had a
name and he remembered!

Love to all,
        Irena...Lucy's mom