From:
Ferret Wise Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 22:13:23 -0500
 To: [log in to unmask]
 Subject: Holiday week at the shelter

HI ALL!
Wow a Holiday week does not necessarily mean things stand still-- at least
not here!  We have had the phone ringing off the wall-- folk needing vets,
asking advice and of course the shelter kids to care for.  Seven in house
currently on meds-- several more out of house.

This is not such a good week for Pasteur the remaining NJ rescue (EggHarbor
City SPCA seizure) at Ferret Wise, his kidneys are crashing and his immune
system is trashed.  He has some good days-- today is not one of them.
Brodie our eldest hospice ferret is wavering -- the first time since his
second insulinoma surgery ( nd adrenal removal) this past Spring.... Bear
is a tad under the weather he has a recurring infection problem, and of
course we have several bi-lateral adrenal kids who are feeling this winter
cold more than last year!  I am sure they will all appreciate your thoughts
and prayers....

On the up side Missy of Missy & Lulu fame-- the next in line elders are
doing WELL -- Missy's pred doseage for her insulinoma has restored life and
vigor-- she eats and plays like a kit!  Lulu is happy and active with her
roommates improved health!

Eddie ( NJ seizure ferret) and Angel have been placed in a wonderful home
with a loving family who will return for Puff as well-- after her spay is
completed!

Tiny little Ruby Christmas is doing better, no coughs now -- though not
thriving -- we hope next week finds her ready to take on the world and
starting to grow!

In the event department we received new that Moondance Productions out of
western MA will provide DJ services for the FerretStock Festival in Sept!
More information can be found on the web calendar at
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html

Also shelter friends Mary & Keith have posted new shelter approved
ebay items which will help us with the anticipated veterinary bills next
month -- they are:

Item #226048868  Dancing Ferrets T-Shirt
Item #226036074  Special Millennium FunHouse tent- one of a kind!
Item #226040314 Handcrafted Ferret Guardian Angel
Item #226043200  Kangaroo Carrier for Ferrets
Item #226045565  Galaxy Adventure Top Sleeper Hammock

All the ferrets and folks at Ferret Wise send wishes to you for a HAPPY,
and HEALTHY New Year.  We look forward to helping more ferrets and their
friends in the next century!

Bear FerretWise and friends
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~crassi/index.html