Date:
Fri, 27 Nov 1998 00:02:33 +1300
I was mulling the idea of how to get the ferret world to know about my
ferret card the other day, when my father came up with the idea of linking
directly from my Ferrets In Need site.  Ethically, I decided, I could not
do so without having others also linked from the site...

Then, I thought... what if I *did* link others from the site?  What if I
made a ferret items for sale links page from the Ferrets In Need site?
So... all of those people who wrote in to that (rather large!!) advertising
issue, what do you think about the idea?  I won't be hosting any sites, as
this admirable service is already being handled, as I found out recently,
by Kathy Goodheart, with some proceeds of the hosting going toward shelter
ferrets, which I refuse to "push in" on.  Those ferrets need the support!
However, those people with sites already on the 'net or putting sites up,
if you don't mind linking to the Ferrets In Need site, would you all be
interested in a website of links to Ferret products?

Email me if you feel this would be a good or bad idea, and suggestions on
what to do for the site :o)

On the Home Front... I've had several emails from many wonderful people
hoping to hear about Podo's safe return.  Alas, after over a week now, Podo
is still on the "Top 10 most wanted" list.  I believe she must have been
picked up by someone close by, or my original fear (which I dismissed as
paranoid delusions after speaking to the person I felt had done it) could
also hold some standing.  The chance that she is loose in this area and not
having returned is fairly well nil.  If she was loose, after a week, I feel
my baby girl would not have survived.  There are no predators in this area
now (the last wild cats seen in the area disappeared when the open field
was replaced by warehouses and no dogs roam here) and I've still got her
outdoor cage open with food, water, and bedding.  So far no luck.  No news
from the SPCA, vets, or pet stores either.  Chances are she was "claimed"
by someone passing her on the street the day she disappeared.

Anyway, still hoping to find her, and at this point thinking of risking the
wrath of the Department of Conservation who have commented that any ferret
they see (wild or otherwise) will be killed... Ferrets are legal here, but
if one escapes, they may as well be considered illegal, at least in some
areas of the country.

Hugs to the furbabies out there,

Sam