From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jan 1998 03:53:49 -0000
I ushered in the new year cleaning up ferret poop!  I didn't mean to, but
poop happens.

Rebecca was upstairs watching a movie with her new boyfriend who looks like
Christopher Reeve in his Superman stage, and Eric had been asleep at least
an hour.  I figured I would try to get the ferrets excited, since I obviously
wasn't going to excite anyone else.  Ergo, I waved the bedspread I keep for
ferret blanky rides and started walking backwards around the wreck room
dragging any interested fuzzies along with me.  On the second pass, when
Jake had wakened and joined Kermit and Muggsie and Eloise and Sabine, and
when the bouncing and fighting was getting going in earnest, I realized I'd
just dragged the blanky through a puddle of pee trickling away from a big
pile of poop some bad animal had left near a carpet tube.  Forgetting the
time, I went for the paper towels and Simple Green I keep in the bar (along
with laxatone, syringes, newspaper and other non-alcoholic ferret supplies).
At about 3 after midnight I looked at the clock and decided to laugh.
Crying was an alternate possibility, but I kind of like my life of ferret
nanny so that didn't seem to make good sense.  I'll be cleaning up plenty of
poop in '98; I'll probably clean more poop from the same spot tomorrow.  So
what else could I do?  I started the blanky ride again.

Happy New Year!
Judith