From:
"Stephanie Sheme - Ferrets Etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 1995 15:01:58 -0400
Hey something just brought to my attention I forgot about.  When I told the
Vice president of Ferrets Etc. about CBS, she said "Aren't they the ones who
show Northern exposure?"  Yes, "Well, remember the one they had the ferret on
and called it a wild animal and where going to set it free!"  Then I did
remember we got calls for weeks after that with club members very angry that
people might have seen that and get the WRONG idea about ferrets and let
theirs go.  So I ask CBS what the heck do you have against ferrets.  I have
already wrote an article in our July newsletter and asked all club member to
ban CBS and the fall line up, we are not that big, but have about 300 people
in our data base.  And my letter to them personally has been sent, we will
see if there is a responce.  I am also writing to the other stations as
suggested to see if they will do a positive sory.
Oh and for all of you in California everyone here has a green ribbon in their
newsletter and has been asked to tie it to there car antenas.  We hope our
support helps some.
And thanks to all who e-mailed me with suggetions about the vet problem, I
hope to take some action today.  Many want his name, but for now I think it
is best I do not give it.  But he is in Englewood, CO.  so if your vet is
there e-mail me who your vet is and I will try to help.    But all of you in
Colorado there is the best vet in  Golden , Co.  he is great and real nice
Dr. Bock at Golden Animal Hosp.  He loves ferrets and knows a bunch we all
love him!!  Stephanie