From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 11:49:34 -0700
Pepper and I would like to thank you all for your comments and suggestions
that you have sent to us.  Pepper had come out of her cage last week
limping and holding her back leg up.  We checked her to see if anything
was broke but couldn't feel anything.  We didn't give her anything for
the pain because we didn't know what to give her and because she didn't
act like she really needed anything.  By the next evening she was up and
running and feeling better.  No more limping.  I think I needed the pain
medicine more than she did anyways!

You would think that they would make something that could be given to them
that was safe.  I do understand that giving them pain medication would be
bad because it would allow them to get up and move and play and stuff
which could in turn hurt them even more.  Guess for me it was just so hard
to see her hurting.  These little ones sure do bounce back quick from
things.

So, thanks to everyone who responded so quickly to my question.

Hope everyone has a wonderful new year!.....remember....no bubbly for the
furkids!

Joanne
Spice, Pepper, Flower and Bugs