From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 09:31:45 -0700
I would like to say that I LOVE my superpet cages.  I LOVE the plastic
bottoms and the easy access.  We bought our first one over the summer for
our one ferret.  It was great!  It is a four story cage and she sleeps on
the 4th floor with the litter on the bottom level.

The litter box is secured by drilling a hole in it and attaching a clip
that fits over the bars.  We just turn the clip and the litter box comes
out....but the ferrets can't remove it.

We have since added two more ferrets to that cage and then went and got
another superpet cage along with 3 more ferrets.  They love it.  And I
don't have to worry about putting a covering on the floor since it is
plastic.

As far as the doors to the cages go...well, if they are double locked mine
can't get out.  But if I only close the door...well...yeah, they can get
out.  But it has double locking doors.  I am sure that others may have
ferrets that can get out of it...but mine can't.

It is easy to take outside because it is on wheels.  Cleaning it is also
pretty easy.  We do the weekly wipe down (gee, didn't have to do that with
just one ferret because she was just SO clean!) and then about every 2
weeks we take it outside and hose it down and really clean it.

The best thing to do, in my opinion, is go to the store and look at them.
Move it around.  I even tested litter boxes and water bottles and stuff
on it before I bought it.  Figured, if I was going to spend that much
money...I wanted to be happy with what I was getting.  I found my cages
at PETsMART.

About the only problem that I have with the cage is the tube.  All of the
levels, except one, come with ladders.  One comes with a tube.  My kids
use it and are ok...but I think that one of my girls hurt her hip when she
came down it (we have it on the top level and she just drops down it in
the morning when she is in a rush to get out and play).  Well we just
ordered 2 ladders from The Ferret Store to replace the tubes on both
cages.

If anyone wants to see pictures of the cage (with the tube) let me know, I
have some pictures I can scan in and send to you via email.

Again, just make sure that you really like the cage that you get.  Don't
settle on a cage just because you think it might work for you.  Some
people might prefer the cages with the wire bottom and put stuff over it
that can be cleaned easier.  Or some might want one that is only 3 stories
high...or whatever the case is.  Just know what you are getting and be
sure on your decision.  I guess, I look at it as...it is a house that my
baby is going to live in, possibly for the rest of their lives...be happy
with it.

Joanne
Spice, Pepper, Flower, Bugs, Dodge and Kuri