From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2009 20:50:31 -0700
Dear All,
In another post today I announced Rocky's Ferretstock, to be held on
May 30th. This year the event will have an additional theme to it, and
that is to honor and thank one of the best shelter ops ever to grace
the ferret community; Jean Caputo-Lee, Shelter Op for Ferrets Unlimited
in Cleveland, Ohio.

For about 15 years Jean sacrificed so very much to rescue so many
ferrets. Never was there someone in need, when it wasn't Jean to first
ask what kind of help was needed. All who know her, know how selfless
and generous she was in word and deed. I had the privilege of getting
to know Jean and work throughout these years with her. A few months ago
Jean announced her retirement here on the FML. Like the classy lady
that she is, she couldn't just close her doors. Retiring was a very
difficult decision, filled with concern about what would happen to the
ferrets in need without her. With much thought, Jean established a
network to carry on her mission, and we wish this team all the success
in the world. Jean has stayed on as their advisor.

At Rocky's Ferretstock I'll have a book compiled of some memories. If
you can take a moment, please send me a note to Jean or about Jean, to
be included in her shelter memory book. We will also read these notes
to her, and she best prepare herself, because we also plan to roast her
a bit!

If you're reading this, and know of some of Jean's friends that may not
know that we're doing this, please let them know. If you are able to
attend, let me know what I can do to assist you with either camping or
a hotel, if you plan to stay over.

I invite everyone to come join us in celebrating Jean's wonderful
contribution to the world of ferret rescue, shelter and adoption for
the past 15 yrs. I for one, not only enjoyed a great partner in crime
throughout these years, but absolutely treasure her friendship and
respect all of her accomplishments!

Affectionately,
Barb Clay
Dir of Shelter Affairs for Rocky's