From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Jan 2009 18:08:10 -0800
If you are operating a shelter or sanctuary, regardless of number
of ferrets in your care, you're welcome to come join the Yahoo
Shelter/Sanctuary Forum:

It's not a fluff chat group, but more than that, we focus on various
topics. At this time one of the discussions is a research assignment to
post the laws in your state as they pertain to allowing ill ferrets to
have a "natural death" or vet termination of life. The morality of that
subject is not the discussion, but we are finding out from state to
state what the laws are specifically as it pertains to the subject.
Nor, am I initiating a morality debate here on the FML on that subject,
just inviting shelters/sanctuaries to come join us. It's also a good
vehicle for all us shelter ops to get acquainted, you never know when
you'll need each other.

Along with that law research is another question of who enforces
the law? All in all, it's a great group of folks sharing some good
information. I hope some of you that haven't already, do come and
join us.

Affectionately,
Barb Clay
Shelter Rep/The Ferret Council