From:
Bob Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Apr 1995 14:11:06 -0400
To those who think the FML is too long.

    I doing my part to make it longer.

    At first I too began to suspect that there was more here than I could always
read, but I care so much for the little ones, that I cringe at the thought of
MISSING something that might be of benefit.

    So, I opened up my little mind, and DOWNLOADED rather than READ the
whole FML into a text file, fired up my TEXT EDITOR (one of those nerd
things) and observed:

    1. Our thankless and superb moderator sees to it that the numbered
list of subjects at the beginning contains the same exact phrases that
the "subject:" line has in the message. Therefore I can chose exactly
what to read by using the editor's <search for stuff> command  to find
the phrase of interest. Hopefully the subject is related to the
content...   LIST.COM might serve equally well.

    2. Alternatively, if you search for the phrase   "subject:"
repeatedly, you can preview the head ends of submissions very rapidly,
skipping over things you dont wish to consume now. Keep the text file
for later if you like.

    3. $ince my downloading speed exceeds my reading speed by orders of
magnitude my phone bill drop$, and since I can peruse the goodies and
the garbage off line at my leisure, the little paws on the keyboard
are harmless... nearly...

    4. Stupid me! I thought I would crash on the sofa with the LAPTOP to
read my saved file, but that space (lap) was already reserved.  I am certain
the ferret union will wanna outlaw laptop computers if this gets out.
           )
       (   (
       (  (     ,:~  '\.     (:o`o:)           Bob Martin
        )  )  / ::     `\   /`. ~,'           Lynchburg, VA
          ,;:;:::::;.  .,::::              home of a Poco a Poco
   :.,,,;,;'  \;;;;:.'''   ':;,          LIFE Supreme Grand Champion