From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jan 1998 11:31:31 -0800
This is not a flame but  the truth!

Probably many another postings about what I saw yesterday will be on the
next FML.  I saw yesterday the TV news on channel 4 about the Ferret Freedom
Walk.  This is enough!  Just for the Fish and Game people that I hope are
reading (if they can read and understand what they read: brain must be
connected):

FERRETS DO NOT ATTACH CHILDREN
FERRETS DO NOT ATTACH CHILDREN
FERRETS DO NOT ATTACH CHILDREN
FERRETS DO NOT ATTACH CHILDREN
FERRETS DO NOT ATTACH CHILDREN
Learn this lesson and write it on the blackboard 1000 times to get it.  And
please note they said children not humans in general!

This otherwise gives credit to ferrets: they know exactly the definition of
children and when and how to attach them: I have always thought they are
smart!

Ok!
After this simple lesson about life and intelligence, I want to talk with
smart people (not the F&G) at this point.  I am surprised.  I just moved
from another country to California.  The whole world has ferrets
but....California and NO OTHER COUNTRY HAS NEVER BEEN IN DANGER BECAUSE OF
FERRETS!!  Shouldn't the Californians think seriously about their democracy?
Californians should realize that they are not represented democratically.
The Ferret bill passed so many stages, but it is stuck because 1, and I
repeat, 1 person stopped the bill, regardless of what the Assembly voted.  I
say Assembly and not the doorman of the Capitol Hill (with all the respect
for the doormen category: they should go to the F&G).  When it is a matter
of power there is no democracy that works.  Fish and game and that guy are
abusing their power and that is a fact!  Based on cliche'.

Just another thing: few months ago I saw also what the smart people at F&G
did at the Davis Lake:
THEY POISONED THE LAKE to kill the fish that they were not from the lake.
They wisely poisoned a lake and what happened to the environment they say
that they are so dedicated to protect and all the local life, animals and
plants?  They didn't think about the consequences: typical!  They are so
concerned about the birds that could be killed by ferrets (cats kill MORE
birds than any other animal, when they go hunting, ferrets do not), but it
is not a problem if they poison the beloved birds when they go to the lake
to eat, drink and reproduce.  Keep going guys: I am sure this will make you
feel proud, full of knowledge as you are we have a lot to learn from your
actions!  Why didn't you think about killing the ferrets owners?  You would
solve the ferret issue!

On a different note but always regarding this broadcast I feel it is
essential that when there is a chance to show how lovable and harmless
ferrets are that a video be chosen in which a ferret is NOT being
reprimanded for trying to drag away his owners hand.  We all know that it is
a harmless gesture and that they can do no damage however it might be better
to show them playing with a toy or licking your nose as all of them do.  The
ferret shown was obviously (for intelligent people) playing however we have
to realize that we are dealing with people who do not understand and even
the newscaster seemed skeptical.  The few times that we manage to get media
attention it is very important to get the point across clearly.

[SU]