From:
Mini Tafoya <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 23:26:43 EST
Hello everyone,

I just have a quick question???

Got a little girl in today, and her skin on her entire right side is a deep
red color.  This little girl was turned into a vet south of Albuq.  and
happened to be a friends vet who rescued her.  The vet checked her out, but
found nothing wrong, except that she was dehydrated.

I have been force feeding her all afternoon and evening, and will be able
to do sub q fluids tomorrow.  Her red skin color is spreading.  She now is
red on her belly as well as around her shoulders.  I already started her on
benedryl (thanks for your help Kathy Goodheart), just in case she had a
reaction to something.  No history is available on her.  Has anyone run
into this???  I know both of my sons have had a reaction in the past, and
both turned red from head to toe.

If no improvement, she will go back to the vet tomorrow to see if we can
identyfy the problem.

any help is much appreciated

hugs to the fuzzies

Mini Tafoya