From:
Cindy Sooy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1993 20:28:00 -0400
Regarding ferrets hissing, I've found that ferrets will hiss if they
are really frightened or just annoyed by something. When frightened
they will fluff up their fur to look bigger, hunch up their back and
hiss very loudly. When annoyed or irritated they just hiss. I have
one female, Baby, who hisses all the time. She's about 4 and a half
years old and set in her ways. She hisses at me, other ferrets and
toys. My husband even found her downstairs one day, by herself,
hissing at some imaginary injustice. She's fat and sassy and
healthy; just grouchy like some people.(G)