From:
Cindy Sooy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1993 20:24:00 -0500
Hi All!

I attended an Exotic Animal Fair at the Valley Forge Convention
Center in PA on Sat. and learned that the AFA has been testing a
food developed specifically for ferrets and that it will be
available through them very soon!! This is not a glorified mink chow
or a revamped cat food but a food developed and tested on ferrets
for ferrets. it's called Totally Ferret and it's made by Performance
Foods. Dr. Willard was there (he developed the food). He's had over
20 experience as an animal nutrionist. The main ingredient is
poultry by-product meal. Contents are 36% protein and 22% fat. After
talking to the people manning the AFA booth, I have decided to
switch mine as soon as the food is available. So far they have not
had any ferret refuse to eat it. In fact when they mixed it with cat
food the ferrets ate the ferret food first! They had a six year old
ferret there who had been on the food for the past year. She had the
coat and muscle tone of a 3 year old. For more information you can
call Performance Foods at 1-800-843-1738. As soon as the food is
available through the AFA I will post again.