Date:
Fri, 29 Aug 1997 13:57:34 -0400
I would like to Thank all who gave me your help in my camping adventure.
I'll write individually when I get back (leaving the night that I send this)
seeing the lap top is staying home, I plan on doing no work and that's the
only way to stop me.  To ease a few people, no I've never done the camping
thing before but my fianci has so we are not completely blind, I'm the blind
one.  I do have a cage ready to go and there out time is and will be
constantly supervised.  I watch one while he watches the other and the
harness and leash will be on before they leave there cage, less chance of
something happening.  I wouldn't even think of leaving them for a long
period of time (more then 1/2 hour) in the camper alone.  Our adventures
include them completely and we have the gear all set.  As for the camper
they will not have run of it like the house.  It's not my camper and my
babies are way to important.  Thank you and I'll let all know about our
adventure.

BAD PET STORES!!!!!
I am one of those shoppers that you don't want me to notice something's
wrong.  Animals being kept totally wrong.  Not enough space for a
wheelchair.  Anything because there is a correct way.

Well this is how I get things done:
Don't leave if you want to do something..  Everything must be done calmly
and without a scene.  Ask for the manager (not supervisor or first in
command the Manager) and there is no need to explain why to someone who's
not, and ask to speak with him/her alone *calm* *knowledgeable*, if they are
not there ask when you can reach him/her.  Causing a scene in front of the
manager/owner will not get the attention you need because there is a buying
customer and they hate to look bad.  Offering your help to a customer I
think is fine but upset comments like "I wouldn't purchase.." doesn't help
you get the problem fixed, or at least my experience turned out that way.
If there is someone there that is being fed wrong information and you can't
tell them correct info then meet them out side and offer the information
even keep FAQ's (yours) or pamphlets in the car and give it to them if you
have to.

Okay...When you have the owner/manager attention then let them know and give
them tons of information, leave them with the FAQ's.  They like free
information better then anything.  A lot of these people may even have that
animal at home and not know how to care for it as well.  Look at us, we
continue to learn from each other, I can't image where I'd be without my
fellow FMLer's.  When giving them the help as in no pine chips or whatever
tell them what they should use in there store, most likely they can't order
other then what they carry seeing that's how it sells.  Spacing issue, a lot
of them don't have the correct space for any animals or for walking.  If
they have the room then they mention how they may sell more cages if they
are seen in the cage, that could even save space seeing they wont need to
put the cage on display.  Another idea if you can before you go make up a
pamphlet that they can pass out.  Include in that stuff that they do carry
that is good or fun for the ferret.  This way here we can sneak in helpful
information seeing most people don't buy books about the animal.  I plan on
doing one for the stores in my area when I take a break from busy life.  If
you go back and nothing was done just ask if you could have there corporate
number because you want to give an A1 job(lying isn't always bad if you get
somewhere good).  If they know you calling might be better.  Or if you know
of the same store located else where and they are extremely decent talk to
the manager there and see if they can mention it to the district manager.
The other idea is after speaking with the manager and nothing has happened
then call the Attorney General and let them know of the problem and find out
there who you should speak to.  Always keep record the whole time who you
spoke to and what was said along with results.  You don't need to tape
record but keeping a record even bringing someone along if in person could
help a lot.

Thank you as always for your time.  I hope someone can put my ideas to use.

Emily
  Bandit and Tess
Sending fuzzy hugs and kisses to anyone who needs, wants, or loves them.