From:
Diabolique Eleanor D'Artagnan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 08:05:34 -0700
2 things on my mind:

1. The thing about the ferrets playing in clothes.  I have a two part
theory on that.  One, my baby only plays in the clothes of the ones she
knows/loves (whether they are on us or on the floor by the hamper), so
maybe it is another way for them to be affectionate with us.  And two,
they have borrowing needs of their own..that's why we make the dig boxes
and also why we purchase the fun tunnels for them to play in!  Right?
Well, IMO at least...

2. I have been reading a lot of the posts on pine shavings and am a bit
confused.  I have "A Fun & Care Book: Ferrets!" as one of my early guides
to taking care of my baby.  When talking about bedding it doesn't mention
pine at all.  It expressly says no cedar shavings, but nothing about pine.
I also was told that you should use the pine because the cedar is bad
because of the respiratory problems that could exist.  I have my baby in
a 3 story cage and on the bottom floor there is another 2 inches between
her walking floor and the true bottom of the cage.  I put just enough pine
shavings to cover the bottom (thinly) so that if she happens to overshoot
the litter pan it won't be too messy of a cleanup.  She doesn't have
direct contact (yes, I know it is the aroma of it) but she also has had
no reactions to the pine.  Should I worry?  I don't want to put her in
any danger, but I am getting so many mixed signals now!!  *sighs*

Rochelle (confuzzled human) & Mahwah (the shoe hiding wonder)