From:
Lynne D Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 1998 17:32:07 -0500
Misha, my tiny 1.5 lb MF sable female, 7 y/o, saw the vet yesterday, and we
are waiting on her lab work.  She has seemed in good health until this
weekend, when she seemed to have some spells of nausea and lethargy.
Yesterday morning when I took her out of cage to check on her, her legs gave
way, and she just lay on the floor on her side, drooling heavily.  I was at
the vet's when the doors opened.  By that time, she seemed normal, but he
showed me a palpable mass.  X-rays weren't entirely clear but seemed to
point to either an adrenal tumor or a left kidney tumor.  Depending on what
the bloodwork shows, he says he may have to do an exploratory surgery and
remove an adrenal gland or a left kidney.  I brought Misha home with me, and
she seems in good spirits, eating, having bowel movements, playing with her
cagemates, Cody and Maxx.  But she still has short periods where she gets
still or salivates heavily.  Also, she gets irritated when Cody gets too
rambunctious and squeals if he bothers her too much, a trait I'd noticed in
my other "old lady baby" in her last year with me.  I've never had an
adrenal ferret before or one with an operable cancer.  I was wondering if
there was anything I could give her on a daily basis to prepare for a
possible surgery?  I've been giving her Nutrical each a.m.  and she scarfs
HoneyNut Cheerios.  Anyone with any similar symptoms and any suggestions for
our vet?  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Lynne and Misha ("Mommy, the vet's staff LOVED me.")