From:
C & R Roller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 10:29:01 -0800
I have received several emails and phone calls from people who have dealt
with this shelter.  All of them confirm that this lady is a collector.
Out of the seven people who did contact me, one from Texas (former Utah
resident), all were denied Ferret Adoption.  No one has come forward to say
that she actually parted with a ferret.

This lady has agreements with many animal controls in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming
and Colorado to send her their Ferrets.  The most recent report is she has
over 150 ferrets in her home.  They are taken care of in neat and clean
cages, and feed well, but how can anyone give 150 ferrets the human
attention and free time they deserve, especially if they work alone.

My contact with her, was not pleasant.  A ferret was picked up by Sandy,
Utah Animal Control a couple of months back.  FERRETS ARE STILL ILLEGAL
IN SANDY.  They turned the ferret over to this lady in Layton, Utah.
Approximately 60 miles to the north of Sandy.  When I asked her about
getting the ferret back to these people, she refused.  When I asked if a
member from Layton could adopt the Ferret, she told me that "PEOPLE SHOULD
NOT HAVE FERRETS AS PETS."  I inturn asked her than why does she take them
in.  At that moment her cell phone, the only means of contacting her, went
dead.  When I called her back, she told me her cell was dying and hung up
on me.  All remaining forms of contact were intercepted by voice mail.  She
never returned my calls or the people who lost the ferret calls.

I am going out on a limb here, but let me get the FML's opinion.  Do you
think this lady is a collector or just an extreme Ferret Lover?  I have
contacted Davis County Animal Control to see what they think and they want
to hear from people who have had contact with her.  If you have had contact
with the LAYTON, UTAH ferret rescue, please send or fax a letter to Davis
County Animal Services.

Davis County Animal Services,
Attn.:  Angie.
1422 E. 600 N.