From:
JMYSHARONA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jan 1998 17:56:39 EST
My clubs shelter MOM recieved a phone call from a semi-local veterinary
office.They had recieved a ferret from the local animal control office.  The
ferret had been found by a garbage collection crew (the type that does
dumpsters).Apparently they were doing thier collection and found the ferret,
still in it's cage,dumped into the dumpster.:(:(:(

The vet's office also works to adopt out animals and has found homes for all
ferrets that have come thier way.  The reason they called was to ask if we
had any experiance with treating ferrets with ticks,apparently he/she has
them pretty bad, unfortunatly we didn't, but we contacted our vet and they
gave us the info on proper meds & dosage.

Our club has seen and heard some pretty bad stories of downright neglect in
our area, but this is by far the worst

The fate that little one could have met is unthinkable.I can't even think
about all the others that weren't so lucky.

Until next time...     :( :( :(