From:
Katie Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 11:33:33 -0600
I had this idea quite a while ago, but have been out of the office for work
and haven't been able to put it all together.

About 2 months ago, People magazine ran this story about the murder of cats
at a shelter in the Southern US (I don't recall all the details).  When I
heard about Jean in Spokane, I was reminded of this story and thought that
maybe People would be able to get more information out about Jean and help
to change the general opinion about ferrets in the US (which we all know is
very misinformed).

Anyway, I would like to ask anyone and everyone on the FML to help me in
getting more publicity for not only Jean, but for all of the ferrets in the
US.  Please send a letter to People, telling them about Jean, her story, and
ferrets in general.  You will need to include Your Name, Daytime Phone
Number and Address.

You can contact them at:

Snail mail - PEOPLE, Time & Life Building, Rockefeller Center, New York,
N.Y.  10020
Email - [log in to unmask]

Fax - 212-522-0794

I think that if enough people were to write, we might be able to keep the
ball rolling on this and make sure that the person who harmed the ferrets in
Spokane doesn't get off scott-free.  And we can show more people how
wonderful the ferret community on the internet is!

Thanks,
Katie

--
Katie [log in to unmask]
Computer Science Lecturer, Carroll College

        "Then the devil's clock struck midnight
         And the skies lit up again
         And the battlefield where heaven stood
         Was blown to hell again