From:
Paige Marie Baldassaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Jan 1999 09:06:07 -0500
They are very smart, it is us that are so lacking that we can't see the
obvious.  So, I asked Hershey and here are his responses...

>If ferrets are so smart, then why does...

>1) Sandy drink from her water bottle THROUGH A SWEATSHIRT?!

It filters the water.  Liking getting Brita water for ferts.  that way,
they can soak their kibble and still get clean water.  Obvious, huh?  I do
it all the time.  Then, when I gotta sleep on a wet blankie, I get miffed
at my hooman.  works like a charm.

>2) the whole group insist on sitting right next to a closed door the whole
>time they have "ferret freedom" instead of running around and exploring
>the room?  (They are caged while I'm at work.)

This one was easy...any CLOSED door must be investigated.   You leave the
door open next time.  Closed doors are cruelty to ferrets...:)

>3) Slinky constantly climb up the kitchen shelves and fall into the
>kitchen trashcan (which is so tall he can't climb out)?

Yeah, but now he is somewhere where he has never been before, neat...My
mommy doesn't put the trash can near a shelf, I have tried to jump in ours.
I am still working on it.

>4) Kyle eat GRAPEFRUIT, parmesan-peppercorn salad dressing, and jalapeno
>cheese dip?!

Well, you eat it too.

>5) Gizmo constantly stand right under my feet, no matter how many times
>I've stepped on him or kicked him (accidentally, of course)?

Of course, something might drop, or the silly hooman might pick me up and
I can see things from a different vantage point.  I do that to my hooman
all da time.  But she is so dense that just standing underneath her is not
enough.  I have to get her attention by putting my paw on her foot.  Then
she picks me up.  Things look different from so high up!

>6) Noel climb to the top of the kitchen shelves, where she can't get down
>and I have to rescue her?

Hmmm, another cool way to get attention, I am going to hafta try that one.
Thanks Noel (Hey, that's my middle name.  Cool!).

>Sigh...I think they do it just to make my life difficult. ;-)  It's a
>ferret-conspiracy!

Oops, guys you aren't being subtle enough.  She might be figyurin' it out!

Hershey

***********
If the doors to perception were cleansed every thing
    would appear to man as it is, infinite.
                        --William Blake
Graduate Student
Virginia Tech

Department of Geological Sciences
Derring Hall, 4044
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061-0420
email: [log in to unmask]
Tel: 540-231-6030
Fax: 540-231-3386

http://www.geol.vt.edu/gradstu/pmbalda/pmbalda.html
I am a indigestible, vitamin-fortified avenger of the food chain!