From:
Paige Marie Baldassaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 08:27:08 -0500
**I tried to send this message personally, but it got bounced back to me.

Try two things which might help.  Don't use running water, the sound
sometimes frightens them.  use two "tubs" of water, one to wash and one to
dry.  Also, whenever you take a bath/shower, take ehr in with you for a
few minutes at a time.  She will be more comfortable with you and will
eventually learn that the sound of water doesn't always mean death and
destruction.  But remember, if you do that, then you should give her baths
in the tub, because she has become comfortable with that area and the sink
is still alien to her.

In the meantime, powder baths are a good way of lengthening the time
between wet baths.  sprinkle powder or powdered oatmeal on her coat and
brush it off.  this soaks up the oil and helps remendously.

hope this helps.
paige

***********
If the doors to perception were cleansed every thing
    would appear to man as it is, infinite.
                        --William Blake
Graduate Student
Virginia Tech

Department of Geological Sciences
Derring Hall, 4044
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061-0420
email: [log in to unmask]
Tel: 540-231-6030
Fax: 540-231-3386

http://www.geol.vt.edu/gradstu/pmbalda/pmbalda.html
I am a indigestible, vitamin-fortified avenger of the food chain!