From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 15:16:27 +0000
Hello Everyone,

I have been trying to deal with a problem for several months now, behind the
scenes.  But it isn't doing any good so today it becomes a little public.

I have had a relationship with someone on the fml who seems to be spreading
myths about me.  Now I am pretty open, very emotional and highly opinionated.
No doubt.  I also suffer from depression brought about by blood chemistry.
It is well under control with meds.  I am in therapy, trying to adjust to
being Margaret Merchant again after being Margaret Zick for 17 years.  What
I am not is delusional, unbalanced, or loved starved.  And I am tired of
this being said.  It was also not a unrequited crush.  Sorry Mo.

But I have come to the conclusion that my talking endlessly about it will do
no good, you folks need to meet me to understand what I am and am not.  If I
allow myself to be pushed from this forum, it will only allow these myths to
perpetuate.

So, look out Chicago.  I am going to attend the ferret show there on October
17th.  I don't have any idea about the details as my trip is being planned
by someone else.  But be there I will, in all my glory.

Be forwarned, I am loud, love making rather biting jokes to everyone about
everyone, love to laugh and love to talk.  So if you are in the area, look
for a short fat little broad with long brown hair.  If you hear a cackle,
that's me.  And I do mean cackle.  I will probably be standing near a tall
blonde woman.  I have a feeling she might just cackle too.  LOL!!

Also, I am definately planning to attend the FML Anniversary party.  So
everyone can get a chance to see the crazy broad in action.  But trust me,
it is a good crazy, not an unbalanced crazy.

Last but not least, I will be more than happy to host a mini-FML party here
in Columbia.  Friends and foes alike are welcome to my house, I have nothing
to hide, except for the ferret poop.  I will be happy to put you up if
possible, there are lots of hotels here and I can check on campgrounds.  If
you are at all interested, I can add you to the Maggie Mini Mailing list for
updates and general nonsense.

About the 3M list, it if full of very opinionated folks who don't take crap
or rudeness from anyone.  But we are lots of fun.

So, if you think ill of me, try to get to know me a little and don't just
listen to one person's version of "reality." After you know me, then make up
your mind.  Okay?

Love and Hugs from,

Maggie Mae and the Mid Missouri Mustelid Mob of 20

--
The true value of a human being can be found in the degree to which he has
attained liberation from the self.

A. Einstein