From:
Susan Malone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Sep 1999 04:58:27 +0000
Hmmm, I guess that subject line looks kinda odd... Oh well..  sort of
seperate things.  I wanted to say, I tend to agree with the comments about
the huge males, stinky thing... I think it is more the nuetering and rut
issue than bloodline or size.

Having 7 un-altered breeding hobs of various bloodlines and sizes... I can
assure you that when in a rut ... THEY ALL STINK!  Granted, they don't all
have the same odor, but I find that to be more on an individual basis than
anything else... just how no two people smell the exact same when they
sweat.

I would also like to ask that we stop the fighting about "which ferrets are
better, big or little"... from what I have learned there are different body
styles... the Whippet, Standard and Bulldog... just as people come in
builds of small, medium and large bone structures and heights.  Obviously
some people prefer one style over the other... so what?  It does not mean
any one is a *better* ferret or more attraactive... just different...
again, just like us humans.

I myself, come from heavy German stock..  I am 5' 11" tall, large boned,
big and stocky... does that make me less of a woman than a 5' 4" petite
girl?  Back when I was dating, I learned quickly some men only liked small
women, some men preferred big women and some didn't care, just looked at
the person inside.

Should we hold lesser standards for which ferrets we love???????  My
husband married me and loves me for who I am, is any man out there who is
married to a small, petite woman going to tell him he is wrong for loving
me the way I am??  (and if you say yes, bear in mind HE is 6' 3", large
built and 260 pounds *G*)

Anyways... Zen... I really liked your consise, informative information
regarding the males choice of cologne in many species of animals... but
I have to admit, the image you conjured in my mind had me rolling in
laughter.  Remind me never to come around you when you are getting ready
for a romantic evening.  *LMAO* (and my sympathies to Diane)

Susan Malone
Fanciful Ferrets By Pegasus
Ferrets Unlimited Rescue Of Tulsa