From:
"David J.Ellis" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 22:34:21 -0500
 Catherine Shaffer writes:
>...Don't ask me how I know this stuff.  Ferrets seem to really like
>alcohol.

I guess I don't have enough evidence to say if they really like it or not as
a generality.  However, I do recall as a teenager (a long time ago) that a
couple of gentelmen often used to stop by our local country pub late
evenings and remove a ferret or two from the pockets of their long loose
rain coats, set them down on the bar and pour a little beer or scrumpy into
a dish.  The ferrets quickly drank it but they were never given very much.
Maybe some of our English readers can comment if one can still do such
things or whether the government and police have eliminated all such
enjoyment?  (I emmigrated a long time ago to a place where our various
public health officials are probably incapable of even immagining such
events could occur!)

Anyway, one of our four does like to get at the suds on the top of my
Guinness.  Oddly enough she doesn't care for Pat Joe Murphy's which I
personally prefer.  The other three just sniff and walk by although, Lester
will very occasionally take a sip.