Date:
Mon, 21 Sep 1998 08:05:11 -0400
>And, one last thing......I promise!!!!!  :o) One of my new kids is a dew
>and her cage mate is a something or other.......a medium silver pattern
>mitt?????  ... Anyway, lots of yellow/orange where they should be white.
>Diet shouldn't be an issue now... Are there any special shampoos for
>whitening that are safe for ferrets?  I have seen several for dogs, but
>none that say they are safe on kittens or ferrets.

Hi Stacia!
There is a ferret shampoo which is made for silvers/whites.  I bought it at
the Family Pet Store in our mall.  Unfortunately I don't have the bottle
(developed a leak) to give you the name of it.  I think one of the most
important directions was to shampoo the ferret and leave the shampoo on the
ferret for two minutes.  It does a beautiful job on "whitening".

Also it may not be the food you are feeding them so much as natural oils
from their glands.  Our Daisy (albino) tends to get what we call "butter"
up around her neck and toward her tail end, more so than on other parts of
her body.

Karla
Meep and Daisy