From:
Ariel White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 13:11:54 -0700
I set up a sandbox for my fuzzies out on my balcony this summer.  I bought
sanitized, sterilized sand specifically designed for children's playboxes
from a local hardware store.

Yes, the sand is dusty, but it never occured to me to let it stay *dry*!
Half the fun of digging, according to my experienced fuzzies, is that it be
as gucky as possible. :-)  Hence, I took a bucket of water and watered down
the sand- no dust and endless possibilities for holes to China.... or at
least the bottom of the sandbox.  It also provided a cooler place for them
to go and play during the summer.

As to getting it in their nose, etc.... it's alot safer to have sanitized
sand in their mouth than the dirt from the local park.  In addition, I'm
pretty sure that it goes with the territory of being a natural digger; a
little dirt never hurt anyone. :-)

Ferretone:  real ferrets drink it straight from the bottle. <G>

Ariel,
Jasper, Baxter & Kayla