From:
"Sue M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 03:41:48 +0000
Well, I went to Petco in Grand Forks, ND today to take a look at their kits
for a friend for Rosa.  (I took Rosa along.)

I was happy to see that they were in a large free standing cage, all
plastic-type with airholes (there probably could have been a few more to
suit me better, but it seemed pretty airy).  They were on pellet bedding,
had tubes and toys, incuding a hanging springy hammock.  No food and water
when I got there, but that was because they were changing the food and
water.  I got help, (they kept the cage locked), and we woke up the five
kits...two girls three boys, one albino, others various sable colors.  They
were all in good health (had arrived at the store on Thursday), clean, were
only using one side of the cage and a box for litter, and except for the
albino, were all very spunky, the albino was somewhat less so, though I
didn't watch him real close because I was more interested in the two little
girls.  The two girls were the most spunky of the group, though I had a
blast with *all* of them hanging from my arm *L*.

I got the spunkiest, who was also quite a biter, so I also figured that it
might be harder for them to sell her, or she wouldn't do so well if she
ended up with a first-time ferret owner.  She's a little buff-colored sable,
with lighter markings on her chest, back of her neck, and white marks on her
knees.  I think she'll probably be more of a cinnamon color.  And she has
personality to spare!  I've never seen the like *L*!  In fact, she has so
much personality that I've decided that her full name is going to be Jamie
Brit Magdela...and she'll have no problem filling such a big name!  She'll
just be called Brit most of the time though:)

I broke down and put her in with Rosa in the carrier on the way home...long
stretch of highway, so it wouldn't be a problem to pull over if there was a
problem.  But, after some sqweaking on Rosa's part, they settled down and
were snuggling by the time I got home (about 90 mile trip one way).  So,
they'll just stay together in Rosa's cage.  I know I should have kept them
separated for a while, but...well, you know how it goes sometimes.  I'm
around every day nearly all day, so I'll be able to see if any health
problems start right about when they start.  Rosa seems to really like her:)
and in fact when I started writing this, they were both curled up at my
feet.  Brit has, in the cage, hit the litter box once, missed once, and has
already learned to not bite fingers so hard:) I wish I had a camcorder!  I
had to teach her what a raisin is...she bit it, but didn't know it was to
eat before I pulled it apart and she decided it was GOOD!  *L*

Sue, Rosa, Rocky, & Brit