From:
Judy Gronwold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 21:02:46 EDT
Danee wrote:
>Giving to either fund is good, and will help in the fight against ADV.
>The difference is that by giving directly to the U of GA you are giving to
>their group only, and they can use the money as they see fit.  I am not
>saying it won't go to ADV research, because I know that this group is
>dedicated to finding answers to the ADV problem.  But there is no review
>committee to oversee how the money is used.
>
>The Pamela Slack Memorial Research Fund has a review committee that will
>be looking at proposals from different researchers, and determining which
>group has the best chance at using the money in the most beneficial way.
>So far, we have 4 proposals, one of which is from the U of GA group.  We
>may be receiving a 5th, and Dr. Williams has indicated he may be applying
>for funds also.

Danee,

Maybe a little more info would be helpful, since I don't recall anything
being posted on the ADV Mailing List about some of this.

First, who makes up the "review committee", and, specifically, how do they
"oversee how the money is used"?

Also, who are the 3 proposals from other than the U of GA?  I think Dr.
Rosenthal/Dr. Stephon have a proposal they've sent in, but I haven't heard
of the others.

Thanks,
Judy