From:
Judy Gronwold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 15:28:48 EDT
I don't know if any of you can help me, but I'm very close to my wit's end
with Russian's aggression.  He got the Lupron 4 month depot 3 weeks ago
today.  For the past two days, we began to see quite an improvement.  He
even gave us kisses, which he hasn't done in a long time.  He played very
well with the other fur kids, although I didn't try putting him the cage
with them yet.

Today, I have been cleaning.  I emptied all the litter boxes (there are
probably 20 or so around the house), cleaned them and refilled them, and
swept all the floors.  When I had the telephone consultation with the new
vet, I came into the computer room and closed the door so I wouldn't get
distracted.  White Russian was out by himself and, for some reason, became
very angry and tipped over every litter box in the house.  He goes on a
rampage like this once or twice a week.

My question is whether it's normal for a ferret on Lupron to have
fluctuations in symptoms before the Lupron takes full effect.  (That
reminds me...this new vet I spoke with said he would have "serious
misgivings" about giving a ferret with AD ANY medication.  (::::banging
head against wall...again::::) (Me, not him).  Again, I'm not 100% certain
Russian is adrenal, despite the Tennessee Panel results, although I do know
the test is accurate in that Russian's hormone levels are elevated.  No
previously sweet, good natured ferret could fly into rages like he does
without something going on.  By the way, did I mention that Dr. Weiss
told me that adrenal ferrets that display aggression have a much greater
incidence of the adrenal tumor being malignant?  The "good" news is that
it rarely metastasizes, although it will grow.

Thanks for any input from those that have used the Lupron for symptoms of
aggression.

No more posts now until after the GCFA show on Saturday.  I have things to
do and people to meet!

Judy