From:
Linda Proulx <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Sep 2005 23:32:15 -0400
hi everyone.  Please forgive me if you get this more than once.  I am
calling for some prayers and good thoughts out there.  We are in
Jacksonville, North Carolina and are currently in the direct path of
hurricane Ophelia.  It is expected to hit either Wilmington or Carteret
county area.  Wilmington is only one hour and Carteret County is only 30
minutes from us.  We are and have been getting some pretty strong winds
for the last three days.  Nothing hurricane force of course but if/when
we get hit we ALWAYS lose power.  We currently have 98 ferrets.  9 of
which are personal.  We will do as usual and ride out the storm as safely
as possible.  We have an evacuation route in case needed.  we have all
supplies needed as far as we can tell.  We also have a generator we can
borrow about three hours away.  We are in need of some desperate prayers
that we make it through this storm unscathed and unharmed (furry and skin
alike).  Last hurricane we lost power for five days.  We are usually the
first to lose it and the last to get it back.

Thank you all and I will keep you updated whenever possible.

Linda and the furry and not so furry ones
Dook-N-Dance Ferret Shelter
www.dook-n-dance.org