Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 1997 23:39:41 EDT
I honestly don't know where to start so i will attempt to make it short and
to the point.  I have a sick ferret Rambo that initially appeared to have
insulinoma--lathargic, weak rear and seem to respond to karo syrup and
normal temperature.  To him to vet this morning blood work was done glucose
level normal.  He was running a slight fever 103.4, seemed bloated and his
rear feet seemed swollen.  Blood work showed him to be enemic as well as
having low potassium, low phosphorus,low calcium.  He came home this pm and
seems somewhat better but still exhibits weakness.  He also seems alert but
weak.  He is taking potassium, pet tinic and amoxy.  Bowels and urine seem
more or less normal.  Have not taken temperature tonight.

Also rear feet seem normal tonight.  His bloating from x-rays seemed to be
gas although taps were attempted to test for abdominal fluids which proved
negative.  X-rays showed nothing abnormal --heart ok lungs clear no masses
only the spleen was slightly enlarged.

Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem--have u had this problem
before and what was the cause?

Thanks
dave adams with two recovering and 14 more fbs