From:
YELENA LEVITINA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 21:58:10 -0400
Hello, everyone!
I am writing today asking for help.  I think two of my babies got ear mites.
They have reddish-orange kind of staff coming out of them.  When I clean the
ear with a Q-tip I see dark brown even black pieces of something.  The more
I clean the more they get dirty and last couple of days these two ferrets
seem very uncomfortable with the procedure.

So, question number one :
can somebody, please, describe what an ear mite is, what causes them?  I
tried to find info in my books and magazines and could not.

And question number two :
How to get rid of the little buggers?  Do I need a prescription or can I use
something over-the-counter?  I so some ear mites drops in a pet store, is
this a good thing ?

Thank you very much in advance.
Yelena and the funny fuzzy freaky ferrets.