From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 10:10:02 -0500
>From:    Samantha Rosier <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: ferret crawling under door!
>My 9 month old albino female named Annie has can crawl under the small
>crack better the door and floor.  Does anyone have any suggestion on how
>we can keep her from doing this?

Our first ferret used to do this.  For a while I kept blaming my wife for
letting him sneak in when she opened the door.  We finally spotted him
slipping under the door one day.  Amazing how little room they need.

Anyway, I went to the hardware store and got one of those aluminum strips
that's meant to go along the bottom of a door leading to the outside.  You
know, with a little weatherstrip along the bottom.  Screwed that to the
door and it left no room for even a nose to get under.  If you don't want
to screw it to the door, some good double sided tape will probably be
strong enough to do the job.  You could even put it on the side opposite
the ferret so she can't get to the weatherstrip.  That's what we did.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club and Rescue, Inc.
*
* Visit our shelter's web site: http://www.miamiferret.org
* Visit the Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC