From:
"Michael F. Janke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Dec 1998 09:32:18 -0500
>From:    Carrie <[log in to unmask]>
>She was eating a poor quality cat food before and I refuse to go back to
>feeding her that just so she will eat How can I get her to eat?  I think
>that part of the problem is her age.

No, part of her problem is that you've taken away the only thing she knows
is food.  Give her back her poor quality food.  Mix in a small amount of
the high quality food you want her to eat and slowly, over a number of
days, increase the amount of the good food.  Eventually she'll get to know
the new stuff is food.

If you put something in front of her that she doesn't recognize as food,
you might as well put a bowl of rocks in front of her and expect her to
eat it.

For the ferrets,
Mike

* Michael F. Janke, [log in to unmask]
* Secretary, South Florida Ferret Club and Rescue, Inc.
*
* Visit our shelter's web site: http://www.miamiferret.org
* Visit the Adrenal/Insulinoma web site: http://www.miamiferret.org/FHC